What is it?
SilcoNert® is a non-reactive silicon coating process that makes flow paths inert for better process control, consistent sampling, and analytical results. The patented chemical vapor deposition process bonds the coating to stainless steel; alloy; ceramic; and glass, making a high-tolerance, durable coating even under extreme temperatures and pressures.
SilcoNert® is made by SilcoTek Coatings, “the world’s leading provider of high performance inert coatings applied by chemical vapor deposition (CVD).”
What benefits does it provide?
SilcoNert® treated equipment is the ultimate solution for handling gas samples containing low ppm or even ppb amounts of sulphurs, moisture, and other highly reactive components.
SilcoNert® coating passivates equipment to improve performance by creating a chemically inert flow path, improving testing reliability, increasing lab efficiency, improving process control, and ultimately yielding higher quality results.
SilcoNert® 2000 (formerly known as Siltek® and Sulfinert®) is a chemically protective barrier of amorphous silicon that is further
functionalized to provide the most inert surface available. SilcoNert® 2000 is a required surface treatment when analyzing trace levels (at parts-per-million and below) of compounds, especially highly active species like H2S, mercaptans, NOx, SOx, mercury, and more
What applications are most relevant?
Natural Gas / LNG Sampling
- Natural Gas Samples often contain trace amounts of sulphurs, moisture, and other highly reactive components. SilcoNert® coating of the sample cylinders, lines and regulators ensures that the most representative sample possible makes its way from the sample point to the laboratory.
- Accurate calibration of measurement systems is critical. SilcoNert® coating of the calibration gas delivery equipment (specialty gas regulators and tubing) prevents sample adsorption and reactivity ensuring that what is in the gas cylinder, comes out and is more accurately measured by the analyser.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Medical Diagnostic and IVD
- Offshore & Marine (industrial coatings of seawater equipment)
- HPLC (high performance Liquid Chromatography)
What CAC GAS products is it available on?
- Sample Cylinders
- Specialty Gas Regulators
- Micro300 Precision Regulator
- Alytech GasMix
- Valve connectors
- Flow controllers
- MASS TRANSPORT IN SAMPLE TRANSPORT LINES ADSORPTION DESORPTION EFFECTS AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON PROCESS ANALYTICAL MEASUREMENTS